The student news site of Green Mountain High School

New View Movie Review

Aiden Case, Staff Reporter

What is “The Light Between Oceans”? It is a movie about world war one veteran named Tom who maintains a lighthouse off the shore of Australia. Isabella, Tom’s wife, really wants a child. Finally her prayer is answered when a child is washed up at the shore in a row boat. Tom believes they should notify the police, but over nagging and nagging he finally gives into Isabel. Then Tom and Isabel meet the biological mother of the little girl. Now they must make the biggest decision of their lives. Now I won’t tell more because that would be spoilers. I will tell you guys this, it’s not so bad. You should go see it with your date, they might like it. It’s a huge chick flick, but it is a really good movie.

The director of the film is Derek Cianfrance. He was born on January 23, 1974 (he’s 42 if you’re too lazy to do the math). He has two children and a wife and guess what! He was born and raised in Lakewood, CO. Yet even more interestingly Cianfrance graduated from Green Mountain High School. After he graduated he attended the University of Colorado studying film production under experimental film makers  Stan Breakage and Phil Solomon. Derek’s first featured film was Brother Tied. Then he produced a few more including A Light Between Oceans and got a 7/10 IMDb (the internet movie database). If you haven’t seen it, take a loved one and go!