The student news site of Green Mountain High School

Movies and TV Shows Coming Out This Summer

Hunter Grogan, Staff Reporter

As always, summer promises the ever-so-desired after free time that the school year never seems to provide. Which means that you have more time than ever to watch the movies and TV show that you can never seem to get around to! Which means we have to ask ourselves what is there to see in movies and TV shows this upcoming summer?

Movies

Are you ready for some super-powered girl power this summer? Then, check out Wonder Woman in theaters. Wonder Woman’s release date is set to be June 2nd, 2017. The movie tells the tale of Wonder Woman (played by Gal Gadot) when she was a woman named Diana, a Princess and skilled Amazonian warrior living in an island paradise. Before her life is disrupted by an American pilot (Chris Pine) crash landing on her paradise that tells her of the conflict happening outside of her island (World War II). At this point, she finally decides to step into the outside world.

If you’re looking for something a bit goofier then check out Captain Underpants! Captain Underpants premieres on the same day as Wonder Woman, aka June 2nd. Captain Underpants is about two pranksters, George Beard (Kevin Hart) and Harold Hutchkins (Thomas Middleditch) who hypnotize their principal into thinking he is a particularly dumb superhero named Captain Underpants.

If it’s romance that you’re seeking then check out Everything, Everything. The movie is based off an incredibly successful young adult novel by the same name by Nicola Yoon. Everything, Everything is predicted to come out on May 19, 2017. This movie tells the story of Maddy (Amandla Stenberg) who can never leave the confines of her climate-controlled houses due to an illness that makes her allergic to everything. However, Maddy forms a bond with a boy named Olly (Nick Robinson), who fall in love by gazing at each other through windows. A love that Maddy decides is worth risking everything for.

TV shows

Everyone’s favorite violence-fest, Game of Thrones, will be back on the air on July 16, 2017, with (incidentally) seven episode. Lest to say, I dare not spoil anything, but let’s just say as our favorite (and least favorite) players are settling into place for the final showdown. Who shall win this Game of Thrones? Will anyone? Will your favorite die? Probably. But, you have to watch it nonetheless!

On June 9th Orange is the New Black, starring Taylor Schilling, is poised to come back on the air after a cliffhanger ending last season. Most of our favorites have been renewed for next season (besides You Know How) so no need to worry! So get your popcorn and get ready to straight up binge the newest season of Orange is the New Black on Netflix.