The New Ramnation App

Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Staff Reporter

Green Mountain High School was proud to announce at this past showcase the new Ram Nation app, a brilliant and fun way for members of the GMHS community to get involved in the activities around the school. The app, which features many important aspects of the school, is free on the app store on both IOS and Android.

The app features two large features, the first being a large competition between the owners of the app in which they use points earned by going to school events to find out who goes to the most school activities. Second is a rewards store for these points. To jump into the first feature of the app, we talked with two users of the app. One described this points system as, “An amazing way for the school to get students interested in school events.” the other said that, “With this app, I have been able to enjoy trying to beat friends and faculty members by showing school spirit.” The app uses geolocation to locate where you are as a way to keep app-users from cheating and has quickly become a staple in the community as a whole. Currently, the app is growing at an extremely large rate, and hopefully, many students will soon be using the app.

Secondly, the app has a point system where you can gain rewards using the points you earned by going to events. Currently, there are popsockets and bucket hats, mousepads, and a large-scale power block, all branded with the GMHS Ram. The school hopes to add more to this app, hopefully creating more rewards for the users.

The GMHS app is one of the newest ways that GMHS is making it more and more fun to go to this school. Hopefully, the app will become home for more than just these amazing features, becoming the home for any GMHS student. However, while this is happening, we’ll be collecting our points for these events.