The student news site of Green Mountain High School

Homecoming Traditions at Green Mountain

October 31, 2018

As the crisp autumn nears at Green Mountain it’s time for another homecoming. Some of our students currently attending have grown up in this area and have experienced the festivities of homecomings for years. But it’s time to recognize just a few of our amazing students, who make homecoming possible at GM.

The first student I interviewed was a Sophomore Cheerleader Kaley Reinke

Tell me a little about yourself and what you’re involved in at Green Mountain?

I’m a Sophomore at Green Mountain and I’m apart of the Cheering Squad.

With being involved in cheerleading how long do you spend getting ready for the homecoming game?

We usually spend about 3-4 months preparing to get for the homecoming game. Leading up for the game is really intense, trying to remember all the different cheers.

During the week of homecoming, what’s one of your favorite traditions that occur?
My favorite homecoming tradition is the game. I love seeing everyone come together and support our football team, it’s fun living in the moment!

The next student I interviewed was Sophomore Hadley Beckner who is apart of Color Guard at Green Mountain.

Currently, I’m a Sophomore at Green Mountain and I’m part of Color Guard.

With being involved in Color Guard, how much time goes into creating and performing during the halftime

We spend about 16 hours a week and 3.5 months preparing for the halftime show. There are three parts pre-show and two pieces of equipment pieces as well
.
My favorite tradition is the parade.

The last student I interviewed was Sophomore Grahm Tuohy Gaydos part of the Cross Country Team.

I’m apart of an assortment of clubs including NAHS EPC, Ram Council, ALST, RALT,NHS, Interact, Mock Trial. For sports, I’m apart of Cross Country, Track Swim, Nordic Skiing.

With being involved in cross country, what is the atmosphere like when running the Torch down for the homecoming game?

The atmospheres pretty enthusiastic and everyone is happy to be there, for earning the ability to be here. It’s an exciting experience running down to Jeffco Stadium with a police escort.

During the week of homecoming, what’s one of your favorite traditions that occurs
The parade and the torch run are my favorites I can’t choose.