Success in Sports at GMHS

GMHS

GMHS

Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Managing Editor

This Fall season has been quite successful for Green Mountain High School sports teams. Of the fall sports, many of our teams are currently at the top of their game and are performing quite well at state, regionals, or other competitions or races.

The team of the hour this fall has certainly been the GMHS boys soccer team. With 11 wins this season, the squad is currently ranked 25th in the class 4A rankings. The other team that has had quite a bit of success is the GMHS football squad. After their first win in 32 years over Evergreen, the team is currently 7-2 and are also 9th in class 3A. They also just secured their first Mountain Metro League title in over 12 years. Way to go Rams! The GMHS boys golf team had two boys at state as with Oliver Gibbons coming in 18th. Boys tennis had 1 honorable mention at conference, and the girls cross country team came in 11th at state, along with a 2nd place at regionals. The girls gymnastics team capped off a successful year coming in third at league and the band earned a second place title at regionals. Finally the Cheer team garnered a 3rd place at the Southern Colorado Regionals competition.

GMHS sports seem to be thriving, and hopefully the winter season will continue the success for the GM Rams. Take a chance to go and watch a game, race, or event, and you won’t be disappointed, as it seems that GMHS sports dominance is here to stay.

About the Writer
Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Managing Editor

Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos is a sophmore at Green Mountain High School and it is his first year as Managing Editor. He can be found outside running, biking, or...