Where Does 5A and 5B Get Us?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Where Does 5A and 5B Get Us?

Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Managing Editor

With the passing of 5A and 5B only a few weeks back, the question that of course sits on the forefront of everyone’s minds is what they will get us. While everyone may know that 5B gives money to the school, nobody really knows what it actually gets us. To set the issue straight, the Ram Page Staff sat down with Ms. Owens, principal at Green Mountain High School, to discuss the plan for what to do with all that money.

First off, GMHS needs a plan for what they want to do to redesign the school. The administration will put together a team of individuals to present the wants and needs from each group impacted by the school and how to best use the resources given by the district to make the best school possible. While we did create a plan that lays out what is needing attention in the school about 10 years ago, things of course have changed, and with almost 10 million more in money to spend building the school, the administration wants to get this right. On the in-school side of things, the staff is pondering a move of the front offices to where the D hall currently sits as well as a completely improved Makerspace. An addition is also in the plans as well. Finally, Ms. Owens put a priority on the sports fields. a rubberized track, a new football field, updated tennis courts and improvement for softball and tennis fields. For the sports fields, the hope is that they will be done by the start of the next school year. Other various changes will occur, such as updated security, buildings, and school kitchen, and replacement of older equipment in the school. While current students may see some of the changes occur, many of these ideas could take up to three years to start on. However, current Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors still get an opportunity to reap the benefits of some of these improvements to the school.

While many of these improvements may take time, the much needed renovation of GMHS will help to liven up the school and provide an exciting new environment in which students can thrive. Green Mountain needed an upgrade and it is getting, and the only question now is how it will affect those in the community. And to answer that, we’ll have to wait and see.

About the Writer
Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos, Managing Editor

Grahm Tuohy-Gaydos is a sophmore at Green Mountain High School and it is his first year as Managing Editor. He can be found outside running, biking, or...