The Second Whistle Blower

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Second Whistle Blower

Unsplash - Photos for Everyone

Unsplash - Photos for Everyone

David Everett Strickler

Unsplash - Photos for Everyone

David Everett Strickler

David Everett Strickler

Unsplash - Photos for Everyone

Presley Nemecek, Staff Reporter

With the end of October nearing, students at Green Mountain High School prepare for the spooky day of Halloween. They go to haunted houses and watch scary movies to get the thrill of being frightened. But the scariest thing for Donald Trump in the White House isn’t clowns, ghosts, ghouls, or goblins. It’s the looming threat of Donald Trump’s impeachment. A second Whistleblower has stepped forward with first-hand information, as impeachment seemingly looms in the distance.

On October 6th, 2019, a second whistleblower came forward and claimed to have first-hand information of the phone call between Donald Trump and Ukraine on July 25th where Trump asked the Ukrainian President to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, for his own personal interest. The first whistleblower was the one to draw attention to Trump’s phone call, as he was told about the call from more than half a dozen members of the white house staff. The first whistleblower made this clear in their complaint. However, a second whistleblower coming forward with first-hand information will be exceptionally important, as this could directly incriminate the President, a development which is sure to gain attention. The second whistleblower, however, has not filed a formal complaint yet, but they have spoken to the Inspector General about the matter and are now being represented by Mark Zaid, who is also representing the first whistleblower. 

Without these two whistleblowers, such events would not have come into light. People who see and hear what they believe is wrong and have the courage to step forward are the people who make change, either for the better or for the worse, which only those following these developments can decide. As Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff puts it, “…We are tremendously dependent on people of courage, stepping forward… Our very democracy depends on people of good faith and courage stepping forward to expose wrongdoing… So the only thing I wish to say today about whistleblowers is we thank them for their courage. We thank them for their patriotism, and we hope others will follow their courageous examples.” More people may step forward with more information about the phone call, as the first whistleblower suggested that more than half a dozen people have come to them with relevant information. They also may not. But the only way the American people will be able to comprehend and judge this impeachment inquiry is if all the information is on the table, a trend which we can only hope will continue as the debate over impeachment rages on.